“High-Impact Diversity and Inclusion: Maturity Model and Top Findings” was recently published by Bersin by Deloitte analysts, Stacia Garr and Candace Atamanik.
The announcement noted six principles that are key to creating a more inclusive organization based on surveys and interviews with key players. From the overview, "This report focuses on establishing broad D&I ownership, setting expectations of inclusive leadership behaviors, driving transparency and accountability, embedding D&I into talent practices, and enabling individuals to take action on opportunities to enhance D&I."
We feel that while not new, these callouts definitely bear repeating:
- Treat the evolution of diversity and inclusion as business-critical, not compliance-necessary.
- Move beyond diversity to inclusion and diversity.
- Prioritize inclusive leadership.
- Reinforce an inclusive culture by integrating both demographic diversity and diversity of thought into all talent management practices (especially important to do this at moments that affect the talent pipeline)
- Provide diversity and inclusion resources that empower individuals to take action.
- Drive accountability, not metrics tracking.
Bersin members would be well served to download the document and share with their teams.
Discuss this article & related topics on the CXR eXchange.